Let's Get It

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nauseous much??

All of this working out lately is definitely paying off. I can start to see a change in some of my clothes, and hopefully by my next weigh-in I can see a much bigger change. As I dance around here to the Zumba game and work out with Gilad on FitTV, I am increasing my caloric expenditure (Ha! That's fancy talk for "burning calories"...). That's all fine and dandy, but in the process of it all I've noticed that I get super nauseous. This feeling of nauseousness while exercising is new to me. I see people on TV complaining about it, but I just thought they were being babies. How wrong was I? :) So I did some searching and found out that it's very common. Some sites say it is has to do with dehydration. *rolls eyes* As if I don't drink enough water! I guess I'm just going to suck it up and add MORE water to my 2.5 liters a day. I would much rather run to the potty all day, than feel like I'm going to release the contents of my stomach. Other sites say it has to do with exercising too soon after eating, drinking too much water (*side eye*), as well as other issues. Maybe I just need to get a "professional" answer about it. Either way, its worth the read...

For those of you who wish to read more about it, here is a couple of links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_induced_nausea

http://www.suite101.com/content/how-to-avoid-exerciseinduced-nausea-a88934

No comments:

Post a Comment