Let's Get It

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Obstacles

With so many obstacles to overcome, at times it seems like this entire journey is pointless. It has become increasingly easy for me to get up and exercise, request a water as opposed to a soda, and go for grilled chicken and steamed veggies rather than chicken tenders and fries. I consistently look at the back of packages to check nutritional content. I think about how long it would take to burn off calories from certain foods. The big question that I ask myself all of the time: is it worth it? All of that is just second nature to me in an effort to hurdle the obstacles.

When it comes to barriers throughout this process, the food becomes the easiest to get past; but as time goes on, an improper support system and a negative thought process can halt all progress. Luckily for me, I have the power from within myself to motivate myself. I also have friends and family that truly understand what I wish to accomplish. However, for those who lack the proper support system, I'm here to let you know that I will be the one to support you. Sometimes you just need one person to let you know that you're doing a great job. I hear comments on a regular basis like, "You're a fool for doing that. Why deprive yourself of food that you want?" And to those comments I say this, "I'm not depriving myself. I'm trying to prolong my life, and if that means resisting temptation to some foods, then so be it." I have a goal in mind and I will reach that goal no matter how long it takes me. When people around me are spewing negative energy, I use it as a catalyst to strive harder to reach my goal. Don't let others deter you from what you want. Its mind over matter at this point. Negativity: its one heck of an obstacle, but in due time, you can (and will) be victorious.

When no one else is eating fresh fruit instead of ice cream for desert, and when you're getting up at the crack of dawn to workout, just know that I'm with you... *Happy Calorie Counting!*
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment