Let's Get It

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Weigh-In and Non-Scale Victory

Another Tuesday, another weigh-in... As of this morning, I have dropped another 3.9 lbs, bringing my total loss to 14.7 lbs. I am ecstatic about that, but today the majority of my excitement comes from my non-scale victories. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that term, it simply refers to victories that cannot be measured by the scale. My NSV comes from the way my clothes fit, newly found strength and stamina, as well as an increase in the amount of energy I have. These victories, combined with the weight loss accomplishments, give me hope that someday I will lose the desired amount of weight that I want to and can, for once, say that I did it!
This weekend I attended a birthday party for my godson. Prior to the party I kept thinking about what I could wear (nothing in my closet fits any more), so I grabbed a pair of pants that I bought this time last year. I dreaded the attempt to wear them but decided that I might as well. Just a few months ago I "wore" these pants to take family pictures. I use the term "wore" loosely because, unbeknownst to everyone else, I could not even zip or button the pants. I basically just had them on-- thankfully my sweater was long enough to cover the embarrassing site. I remember thinking that day just how despicable that was. I posted my family picture. I look so HUGE and notice the pants (that did not fit)!!
On Saturday, when I put those pants on and could actually ZIP and BUTTON them, I was beyond elated! It felt so good to know that my hard work these last few weeks was paying off. That was just the beginning of my happiness though. Not only were my clothes fitting once again, but I have also noticed that I can make it a little longer through aerobics and can run just a it further. I can squat longer and as the days go on, I add more push-ups to my total count. This feeling is truly amazing and I cannot wait until I have accomplished so much more! Scale victories are fantastic, but I must admit that lately I long for those non-scale victories. Weight may only be measured by the scale, but success is measured in so many other ways. Until next time, Happy Counting! :)

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work...Happy Counting!!!-_-!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NSV. I've just started following you blog and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the NSV! I am on a similar journey and know how difficult it can be! I just started blogging about my experience and love the support of the blogging community!

    www.carbsdontkillmyvibe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your success :)
    It feels so great to finally wear clothes again that you didn't fit in for some time!!
    And the NSV is so important.
    Thank you so much for reminding me what is really important.
    Sometimes I catch myself thinking that weight is so important but then I realize that my body already changed although the scale doesn't show a huge difference!!

    Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your blog!! It's really great to know that I'm not going through this journey alone!!!

    The Making Of A Skinny Chick - Dating & Dieting Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading you blog. My blog is a little similar... as far as the quotes and all. I'll definitely visit again.
    fromchubbytothin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete