Let's Get It

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday...

Here it is Saturday afternoon and I am sitting on the couch. I will admit that today I embody the phrase "couch potato". I woke up this morning, had a grilled cheese sandwich (don't judge me, it was wheat bread), 1/3 container of applesauce (the little ones you pack in your kids lunchboxes), and some OJ. After that, I sat in this very spot and with the exception of getting up to accommodate my kids, I have been here for the last five hours.
 
As I sit here, I look out the window and think that I should embrace this pretty day and go out and exercise. The sun is shining and it is not too cold out, considering that it is January. I have calculated the total number of calories I can burn if I go bike riding for an hour, or get a quick mile long walk in. And yet, I am still sitting here. The longer I sit here, the more those darn quotes pop into my head. You know the ones... "An hour workout is only 4% of your day", "You earn your body", and of course, this one:
 
*sigh* So now it's decision time. Do I sit here and enjoy this comfy spot or get up and just do what I have to do? I think you know the answer...
 
I guess those motivational quotes really do work, huh? Either that or I have a strong desire to decrease the amount of space my body takes up. :) I'm off to burn some calories on this lovely Saturday!
 
Until next time, Happy Calorie Counting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment