Let's Get It

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What's on your plate?

As always, one of the greatest challenges in weight loss is what you eat. I've heard many say that you can eat what you want as long as you exercise daily. And to those people I give a great big *side eye*. Maybe that works for some individuals, but definitely not for me. Exercise matters greatly when trying to lose weight, but I will continue to believe that if you choose baked chicken and brussels sprouts (plus exercise) over Whoppers and french fries you will, without a doubt, lose weight much quicker (and keep it off).

I am a single mother, I work full-time, and I spend at least 3 nights a week on the soccer fields so I know fast food can quickly become my bff. Plus, I am not a fan of cooking. I will say this though: if you work it out right, you can fix healthy meals (that don't take long) and actually taste great. I always try to cook enough so there's some left over for my lunch the next day (<<-- money saving tip :)).

For the days when my kids consume the entire pot, I resort to those good ol' frozen meals. That's right- frozen "diet" food. Sounds disgusting, huh? Well they don't exactly cause my taste buds to explode with excitement, but they get the job done. My top choices are Healthy Choice Steamers and Smart Ones. As frozen ("diet") food goes, these are the best. And at around $2-3 each, you can actually save money if you plan it right. AND because its a boxed meal, your calories, fat, and whatever else you keep track of is on the back- already totaled for you! Woohoo!! (I find joy in little things.)

If you must rely on fast food, just remember to choose wisely. In my area there aren't many choices... Chic-fil-A, Mickey D's, Taco Bell. All of these places offer "healthy" choices but sometimes their version of healthy doesn't match what I call healthy.

Just be aware of what you're eating... READ! And continue on your path to righteousness aka calorie counting. :) Ask yourself, "What's on my plate?"

BTW: if you are lucky enough to be near a Chipotle Mexican Grill, try em out on your lunch break. Fresh ingredients, truly healthy choices, and oh so tasty! *insert drool here*
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment